Summer is drawing to a close. And with summer ending my respite from writing is almost over. But I haven’t been without a creative spark, I have notes, fragments, and many pictures to share. I’ve been reading, and doing. I had a professional hurdle to jump and did that. September will be a look back at a bittersweet but overwhelmingly happy summer.
- Finding the happy medium between Matron and Floozy September 21, 2015
- Popping the cherry September 16, 2015
- Much needed Siri Upgrade September 14, 2015
- “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.” AA Milne September 9, 2015
- What I did on my summer vacation September 7, 2015
- #gratitude2018 sometimes the wrong turns land you in pretty places.#gratitude2018 I was feeling sorry for myself this morning: i had a heart to heart with the IRS and my mortgage company (tax bill and a property tax increase) everybody was nice and helpful and I made arrangements for the two debts I wasn’t expecting. I have the money 🙏🏻 I was already butt hurt I couldn’t be in Mexico this week for a friend’s wedding because of the expense. I’m so happy for this friend, he is part of my Mexico clan and this woman truly saved his life. How great it would have been to see the celebration because honestly just after Brent’s death I thought he was gonna be the next funeral. And my money woes were nothing like the time I knowingly wrote a bad check for groceries those lean years ago. So I went outside to tend the hard scrabble day lilies and zinnias on the edge is the prairie knowing the sun the dirt and Tex would help. I found this feather and then I knew I was being looked after in ways beyond my understanding and sure enough: Later today I got a call. It looks like a sizable loan I made a dear friend a few years ago is being paid back. This was out of the blue and so unexpected. Happiness can be like that you know.Yay!!! Summer!!!His nose gives it away: he isn’t the perfect #greatpyrenees specimen nor is he the brightest bulb in the box but he is funny and sweet #dogsofinstagram#livestockguardiandog #greatpyrenees #gratitude2018 thank goodness I had a guard dog *helping* me plant flower seeds. A minute before that he had his big silly head by my hands and when asked to move became 120 pounds of dead weight.That horrible moment you are cruising didn’t the highway 5 miles from the ranch and you see a couple guys trying to hoist a #greatpyrenees into the back of a truck and you realize your dog is lost. Thank goodness those sweet young men were paying attention and didn’t hit Tex who was walking in the road. They were shaken because they weren’t sure what todo with him...”we couldn’t just leave him out here” I wish I knew who they were but it was cold, windy and just getting the frightened dog into the back of the Jeep was a big chore and I regret I didn’t get their names. Lifeceith a #livestockguardiandog #dogsofinstagram